The way we process your data, the actions we have taken to protect your data and the ways in which you may review or correct your data are discussed in this Policy. Therefore, we invite you to read this document carefully, as it contains important information about what to expect in relation to the collection and processing of your personal data. You can contact us by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The text, adopted on 27 April 2016, was published in the Official Journal of the European Union on 4 May 2016 and came into force on 25 May of the same year, and began to have definitive effect on 25 May 2018.
For the purposes of this Policy, we will act as the Data Controller, pursuant to Article 4, Section 7 of the European Regulation on the Protection of Personal Data 679/2016 (hereinafter the “GDPR”).
From time to time, we may update the Policy. In this case, we will also update the “last update” item at the bottom of the Policy Statement and inform you in advance of any changes. In any case, be sure to check this Policy frequently for updates.
WHAT TYPES OF DATA WE COLLECT
The personal information we collect from you may include:
- Information you provide when registering for our Services. This information includes information you provide when registering for desktop and mobile applications, or any of our Services, such as your name, email address, telephone number, date of birth, and other information required to verify your identity;
- information provided by you through of any correspondence with us, and the documentation of such correspondence;
- information about your preferences and your use of our Services. Such are, for example, details of your visits to our Site, details of your personal characteristics, your preferences and habits when using our Services.
HANDLING OF PERSONAL DATA
In compliance with applicable data protection legislation, we will only process your data, either manually or by electronic means, when we have a legal basis for doing so. This is the case when the processing is necessary to provide you with a Service following the conclusion of a contract with you; when we are required to do so by legal or regulatory obligations; when you give your consent to the processing; when it is in our legitimate interest to process your personal data, provided that your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms do not prevail. We will process your personal data for the following purposes and in compliance with the following conditions:
- to provide the Services requested by you (treatment necessary for the performance of the contract);
- to allow us to receive questions and comments from you through the dedicated section on our Site and to allow us to respond to you (necessary for the performance of the contract);
- to record telephone calls and keep communications made or received by our customer relationship department (Customer Service), providing these assistance and advice for training purposes, thus allowing us to improve our customer service, as well as for security purposes, to identify the subjects in subsequent communications (necessary for purposes of legitimate interest);
- to comply with specific regulations regarding your registration and to verify the accuracy of the personal data you provide, including any disclosure of such information to third parties (including financial institutions, debt collection agencies and companies that provide age verification services) in connection with these purposes (a research record will be retained, and third parties may use the information to assist other parties in verification activities) (required by law);
- to allow us to contact you for research purposes, to better understand your perception of our Services. Such communications will be for research purposes only, and not for marketing or advertising purposes. In any communication sent by us, you will in any case can opt-out of future research for purposes of legitimate interest);
- to send you offers and promotions that may be of interest to you, but only if you have given your consent in advance (consent);
- The failure, partial or incorrect supply of your data for the purposes indicated above, necessary for legal purposes or for the performance of the contract signed with you, unfortunately, will prevent us from fulfilling our contractual obligations to you, on the basis of that contract (e.g. allow you to place bets, or collect any winnings) and we will not provide you with our Services, because in that case allowing the use of these Services would be in violation of our legal obligations.
UPDATING OF DATA
- It is essential that the personal data you provide is correct; this allows us to comply with legal and regulatory obligations, as well as to provide you with the best possible Services. Therefore, we ask you to make sure that your personal data is always correct and up to date. You may update or change your information at any time through your Personal Account, through the “My Account > Personal Details” section (where available) or by contacting our Customer Service.
SAFETY OF INFORMATION
- We are committed to protecting your data and our Services from unauthorized access or other alteration of your personal data. This involves the use of various security measures to protect data stored by us, or by third parties on our behalf, as well as continuous reviews of how data is collected, stored and processed.
- In accordance with this Policy, we will treat all your personal data in strict confidence and take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of your data once it has been transferred to our systems. Nevertheless, the Internet is not a secure medium, and we cannot guarantee the security of all the data you publish online. Therefore, you accept the risks of providing such information and playing online, and we will not be liable for any breach of your data, unless this is due to our failure to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures as required.
- If you access third party websites through our Site, your personal data will be processed in accordance with their privacy policies. We therefore recommend that you always read this information before interacting with a new website, and make sure you understand how your personal data will be processed.
RIGHTS RELATING TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In relation to the processing of your personal data, you may exercise the following rights at any time:
- right of access to personal data held by us;
- the right to receive the personal data you have provided us with, in a structured format, commonly used and readable by an automatic device, such as .csv (compatible with Microsoft Excel or equivalent) or .pdf (compatible with Adobe Reader or equivalent); you also have the right to have such data transferred to another data controller when the processing is based on your consent, or on the fact that the processing is necessary for the provision of the Service and that your personal data is processed through automatic means;
- the right to object to processing activities, including profiling, carried out based on our legitimate interest. Please note, however, that in this case, we may still process your data if there are other legal grounds, or if there are other compelling reasons to continue processing in our interest, and if these prevail over your rights, freedoms or interests;
- the right to have inaccurate personal data corrected;
- the right to have certain personal data deleted when the processing by us is no longer necessary, when we have revoked consent, when we have opposed the processing, when your personal data have been processed unlawfully, or when the cancellation of your data is required by a legal obligation;
- The right to request information and explanations on the rationale on which we base our decisions only by automated means;
- the right to lodge a complaint with the Guarantor for the Protection of Personal Data, if the conditions are met;
- the right to request a limitation of the processing of your personal data when: you contest the accuracy of your data, for the time necessary to allow us to verify the correctness and accuracy of the data; the processing is unlawful, but despite this you do not want your data to be deleted; your data are no longer necessary for the purposes of the processing, but you request them to establish, exercise or defend your right in court, or when you have opposed the processing carried out for purposes of legitimate interest, pending checks to ensure that the Operator has compelling legitimate reasons to continue the processing.
- If you are unsure of your rights, or if you have any other concerns or concerns about how your data will be processed, please contact the Data Protection Officer.
- If you wish to exercise any of your rights, you may do so by sending an email to email@example.com . Please note, however, that despite our efforts to try to meet your specific requirements, these rights are not absolute rights. Therefore, we may have to reject your requests, or only partially fulfill them.
- If you make a request in relation to a right of yours, we will ask you for proof of your identification and we may ask you to clarify the request. Should we receive many repeated requests or should we have reason to believe that such requests are unreasonable, we reserve the right not to respond.
- From time to time, we may contact you in connection with promotions, products or services in which you may be interested, but only if you have consented to receive such marketing communications. You can update your preferences and opt out of marketing communications at any time. In any case, in any communication we will include the possibility of making an opt-out for future marketing communications.
- We may profile you and your activities in connection with our Services so that we can send you more useful and relevant marketing communications. Profiling will be based on your use of our Services, as well as your selections in My Account, and in any case will not be invasive and will be based on relatively limited information about you. If you consent to receive direct marketing communications from us, including for retail activities, we may send you direct marketing communications relating to both online and retail offerings.
PRESERVATION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We will retain your personal data for the time necessary to pursue the purposes for which it was collected, as described in this Policy. In any case, the following retention periods will apply for the processing of your personal data for the purposes indicated below:
- the data collected to provide you with our Services and for the pursuit of our legitimate interest, are kept for the duration of the provision of the Services.
- data collected for sending marketing communications and conducting surveys are kept for the duration of the contract.
- However, we would like to inform you that, due to legal obligations, we may have to keep your personal data for a longer period, also in compliance with any legal prescription periods.
- When you browse, your browser generates additional information, such as the language in which it displays the website and its Internet Protocol Address. An IP Address is a string of numbers assigned to your computer during a browsing session, when you access the Internet through your Internet Service Provider or your Internet network (for example, when you access the Internet from a computer at your workplace). Your IP Address is automatically recorded by our servers and is used to collect data about visitor traffic on our Sites. We also use IP Addresses to identify issues with our servers and to manage our Site.
- A cookie is a small text file that is automatically downloaded to your Device when you visit a website, and that allows the website to get certain information from your browser, such as your preferences. Cookies allow us to maximize your experience on the website, increasing its functionality and allowing the site to remember information and preferences whether you move from one web page to another, or from one browsing session to another (this will depend on the type of cookie). A cookie does not damage your Device or contain viruses or other malware.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy, please contact our Personal Data Protection Department at firstname.lastname@example.org .